Thursday, August 18, 2011

Beauty How To: Get rid of Shine & Control Oily Skin!


We all know about those dreaded photos where the flash makes our T zone shine so bright that it appears to be blinding the screen? Well okay maybe not blinding but you get the idea! Anyways, a gorgeous glow is one thing but an over shiny face can be a total beauty DON'T! So how do we get rid of that shiny appearance not only in photos but in real life as well? Simple, I came up with a few shine proof remedies that I'm sure will do the trick.


1. Start off with an Oil Free Face Wash. Whether you have oily skin or not, an oil free face wash is usually the best way to go. Not only is oil in products known to clog pores and breakout sensitive skin, but it will also add that extra unneeded shine. I recommend Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash in Pink Grapefruit (smells and feels so refreshing!)



2. Prime your face with a Mattifying Primer. Primer is such a great way to prep the face for makeup and investing in a mattifying one will help make sure you get rid of that unwanted shine while also making your makeup go on silky smooth.



3. Setting your face with Translucent Powder. Any type of powder will help absorb extra oil which is what creates a shiny face. Usually I would recommend a colored powder but if you already use powder as foundation you want to prevent a cakey look which is why I recommend translucent powder to top it all off. It prevents the "caked on" look while still giving a matte finish and controlling shine. My personal favorite is Makeup Forevers HD translucent powder.




4. Touching up with Oil Blotting Sheets. If you haven't tried them, now is the time! I am such a fan of oil blotting sheets because not only do they work amazing but they are so easy to use and carry around! They fit basically anywhere and they usually come in a pack of 50 so you have more than enough to last. I always buy the Clean & Clear brand sheets.


Bye Bye Shine!

5 comments:

  1. Hi. nice blog. I invite you and your readers to come check my blog out. http://www.dramaandbeauty.blogspot.com
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post. I will be dealing with some of these issues as
    well..

    Take a look at my website: Auravie Wrinkles **

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I've been following your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

    My web-site :: Acai Energize Plus Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I will be going through some of these issues as well.
    .

    weight loss supplement

    ReplyDelete